Sunday, July 10, 2011

Give Cali their props!!

      So, I was watching the 'behind the music" on ICE CUBE today & it got me thinking how influentual the hip hop scene in L.A. is. Artists like N.W.A., KING TEE, THA ALKOHOLIKS, CYPRESS HILL, DILATED PEOPLES, ACEYALONE, ELIGH, MURS, ICE-T etc. the diversity & power that comes from these MC's is amazing!! The list could go on & on of great MC's that L.A. has to offer.
    I remmeber being a kid & listening to "death certificate" and thinking it was the dopest thing I had ever heard, as with albums like "doggystyle" & "21 & over" later on.
     The music that came from the L.A. scene raised me, along with our local bay area hip hop. Los Angeles deserves more credit than it is given by the hip hop world! And don't even get me started on how much credit is owed to our northen cali MC'S!!!
      Artists like LIVING LEGENDS, HIERO, BORED STIFF, MAC DRE, 40, JT THE BIGGA FIGGA, LIL B ( NAAAH I'M JUST PLAYING!! LOL) SPICE 1, MAC MALL, N2DEEP, E.O.C., I.M.P., ZION I etc. paved the way for alot of underground  MC's!! If I didn't grow up listening to all of these artists music as well with countless others, I don't know who I would be today!!
       So, with all that being said I would like to personally thank the California hip hop artists that have influenced my life and continue to do so on a daily basis!! There is also a ton of "newer" artists from cali that deserve their props to but I plan on doing a seperate blog about them to give the readers (that I hopefully get) a full list of MC's that are puttin in work & deserve to be heard!

   Well, I hope yall like my first stab at this blog thing & hope to get yopu as followers!!

MUCH LOVE!! 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment